Tom joined the Gertz Law Firm in 2017. A former felony prosecutor in both Orange and Jefferson Counties, he has extensive experience in criminal trial and appellate cases.
Tom has successfully handled a range of criminal offenses, from driving while intoxicated (DWI) and drug possession to aggravated assault and murder. He has also served as an instructor at the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office Police Academy.
Tom is licensed in all courts in the State of Texas and in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association and is a past President and Vice President of the Orange County Bar Association.
Prior to graduating from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Tom earned his Bachelor of Arts in Government from the University of Texas at Austin. He is proud to call Southeast Texas home.
- All Texas Courts, 2011
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas- J.D., May 2011
- The University of Texas at Austin- B.A., Government, May 2008
- State Bar of Texas
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association (Serving on Board of Directors for 2017-2018)